Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Lost: Season Five

I did it. I watched all five seasons of Lost in less than two months! Now I have to remember what life was like before Lost...well, until the final and sixth season begins in February.

Some comments...

I like the idea of time travel on the island and now that it's explained (even if I didn't understand it) it somehow all makes sense.

I like how everything is coming together and I'm excited for everything else to be explained...like the statue and hieroglyphics. How long has civilization been on the island? I wish they played more with that when the island was "skipping" through time. I'm also very curious as to who the fella pretending to be John is (I forget his name- the one talking to Jacob on the beach) and where did he come from? And while we're on that subject, where did Jacob come from and how is he in charge? Similar thoughts with Richard- why doesn't he age and why isn't he the leader of the Others? Was that man part of the group when Whidmore was in it? So many questions!

The one thing I wasn't crazy about was Sawyer's relationship with Juliet. I didn't buy it. I didn't like how they all started working for the Dharma Initiative. It just didn't seem right. Highly out of character for Sawyer, but I guess that's why he wasn't Sawyer....he is James now. (I want Sawyer back)

I'm pretty excited that Jack got the shit kicked out of him a few times, that made up for a lot.

The "monster" is obviously ancient, how did it get on the island? It doesn't seem organic. It made Ben see his dead daughter and tell him that he must go along with whatever John does, but it wasn't John at all...so what the fuck was going on with that? Was it a coincidence? Or did the man posing as John, and wanted Jacob dead, have something to do with it? Was he pretending to be Christian, Jack and Claire's father, too?

What the fuck happened to Claire?!

Jacob touched every survivor on the plane at some point, I want more about this. Why them? I also want to know how everyone is connected, which I thing would answer the other question too. Like Sawyer meeting Kate's mom, Hugo in the TV in Korea, Jacks's father, John's dad being Mr. "Sawyer", etc...

I guess I'll have to wait another month or so to see what comes of all this. When Juliet activated the bomb, what happened? Did it all just erase? Did they go back or forward in time? Did they all die? I hope that everything doesn't erase. They all had shitty lives before the island. I don't know why they would want that back. As much as I love the 70's, it's getting kind of old. I'm hoping that they go back into time, way back...to when the statue was just being built. I think we'll finally get all, or many, of the answers we need.

Any predictions?

Oh and I'd like to thank everyone for not giving away any key plot info. It was, and still is, much appreciated.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)