Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year Friends

Looking back on the year I think that tonight was the best way to end 2009. For some reason it has just been an off year...for everybody. I've written about how depressed I've been over the past few years, but tonight I felt like none of that ever happened. Maybe it was because I could smell 2010 creeping around the corner? Maybe it was the beer? But in reality it was the company. Sometimes hanging out with friends is all that matters. I've been in some serious rough shape, especially with the holidays. Spending Christmas alone was tough. For the first time I didn't care about a single gift that I received because it wouldn't change the loneliness. It made me realize even more that nothing else matters except for the good people in my life. Tonight, I had the pleasure of being with the best people in my life and two new, wonderful people.

It was refreshing to hang out with two people that I hadn't met before. Not because I'm bored of the people in my life, but hanging out with someone new tends to bring out old stories and realizations. I guess like adding some spice to a relationship. Regardless, they were both a good time. We were all able to kick back a few drinks and have some laughs. Something that I needed more than anything. I just feel like the gloom has taken over my life and no matter how hard I try to fight it, it just keeps coming back. Well, tonight there was no way that gloom was touching me and I kept it off with a little help from my friends.

I had such a good time talking with my two best friends tonight that I pulled an all nighter with them. OK...I might have fell asleep on the floor for a little while, but I never stopped listening to them talk. How is it that just a few human beings can take everything bad and make it all right? I didn't want the night to end. I still wish I was with them, but we are working ladies after all now. I can't think of a better way to bring in the new year. And even though tomorrow is the start of the New Year, I just don't care what tomorrow is or isn't. All that matters is that tonight was one of best nights of the year and I couldn't be happier (yeah, I said happy). I'm hoping there will be more nights like tonight in 2010. I'll pull more all nighters if I have to, they are well worth it and I'm sure those two fantastic ladies in my life would agree. Things are looking up for the next year...

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)