Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Robots and Kitty Purry

I had two fantastic conversations over text messaging yesterday. I wish that I made this up for a good laugh, but these are as real as real could be.

The first was a conversation over weekend plans with a guy. It went exactly like this:

Me: I don't have much going on at all on Saturday, so whenever you want me to come over just let me know.

Guy: I have the weekend off. Only plans so far consist of robots.

Me: Robots?

Guy: Yeah I'm starting to build them.

Me: Like robot wars? Or just to have a robot?

Guy: Not sure yet. Building a few small ones first then we'll see.

Obviously I'm looking forward to Saturday even more now. I can't wait to hear more about the robots and maybe I'll even catch a glimpse! Trivia: I built a robot once in 5th grade that had roller skate feet and a mop for hair. Her. purpose was to be my servant.

The other text conversation I had yesterday was with my father. I wasn't watching American Idol, but something got my dad all worked up. And just like the previous conversation, this is word for word:

Dad: Who was bitch judge on idol?

Me: Katy Perry or Aviril Lavigne. Dark or light hair?

Dad: Dark.

Me: Katy Perry.

Dad: Do not like her.

Me: She has a cat named Kitty Purry.

Dad: I'm sure the backstabbing bitch does.

Me: Oh! Ok.

Dad: She is not a nice person.

Me: She kissed a girl and she liked it.

Dad: Oh she's the one. I like the boy who gave Ryan his number and flirted with Simon. Lol.

I have no idea what happened on Idol, but obviously my dad was pretty pissed. I loved how angry he was! My favorite line was, "Oh she's the one." ("backstabbing bitch" and "do not like her" were close seconds though). Sure, I was instagating, but wouldn't you if you got a text like that? I couldn't pass it up! And the "lol" really sealed the deal at the end for me. Quite possibly the best chat I've ever had with my dad.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)