Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Beatles...Rockband

I made a selfish decision yesterday and bought The Beatles Rockband for my Nintendo Wii. Although I wanted to get the limited edition bundle which came with two replica instruments, I kept hearing that the "instruments", controllers, were quite sucky. Total heart breaker, but I figured the game experience would be better if I could actually play so I bought the regular, not so cool, instruments. And let me tell you, the instruments should not be a deciding factor for you because I spent well over five straight hours playing drums on medium yesterday. I'm waiting for everyone to wake up so I can finish the game on medium, perfect my scores, move on to beating it on medium with the guitar and then start it all over again on hard. God, I'm such a dweeb. But the game is so friggin awesome!

The game has a story mode, so you play selected songs chronologically. Before each chapter begins the game gives you a rather quick run down of The Beatles entering that specific year by flashing pictures. I was actually looking for more when it came to this, but it's still pretty cool and fun. After a chapter is complete you can play the songs from that chapter in one sitting, it's called a chapter challenge. I haven't tried it yet, I want to get through all the nitty gritty first. But at the end of every song you collect rare photos or videos that are saved to the game and you can go back and check them out. The coolest thing, that caught me by surprise, is the video playing in the background during the songs. The game did a great job by putting the "actual" footage on there! It's computerized, but it's mimicking the actual footage of concerts or videos. And the graphics look great! And, of course, there is a quickplay mode so you can play whatever song you like whenever you like.

I haven't checked out the song list online yet, but you can buy and download more songs. Which I plan on doing. There is a good amount of songs on the game to begin with, but as any Beatles fan....I want more! Hopefully they'll release as many songs as possible. I highly recommend any Beatles fan to go out and buy this game. Get a system if you don't have one (the game is out for PlayStation 3, XBOX 360 and Nintendo Wii), get the instruments (if you don't already have them the bundle pack that I bought was a pretty good deal- drums, guitar, mic and the game for a total of $151) and get rockin'!!!!

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)