Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gene: The Instamatic 800

I bought an old camera today from a thrift store while looking for old records. Nothing too fancy about it, but it caught my eye. I've been meaning to buy an old camera just for fun. It cost me less than $4 and besides for some minor wear and tear it just might work. After bringing it home I looked up the camera to see what I was dealing with. What I bought turns out to be a Kodak Instamatic 800, was made around 1965 and sold for about $130 (going for about $70 now online). I'm really excited to buy some batteries and film for this little camera, well it's actually quite bulky. Regardless, I hope it works and I'm excited to share pictures once I figure out how to work Gene. Oh yeah, I named my camera Gene. With a camera this handsome it deserves a name!

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)