Monday, September 7, 2009

April Smith, I Find You Simply Delicious

About a week or so ago I caught the end of a song that caught my attention. I have the song ID application on my phone so I quickly fumbled to try and figure out who was singing. Song ID could not identify the artist or song, but I caught the DJ say the details right before I pulled into my driveway. I was listening to April Smith and the Great Picture Show and the song was "wow and flutter". I jotted down the info and haven't checked Ms. Smith out until a few minutes ago. I'm in love. I checked out her myspace page, which you should do too! Or you can visit her website. I plan on going out within the next hour or so and grabbing her album. You can buy it on itunes, her website or even on her myspace page, but I like having an actual hard copy. Something just seems better about owning an actual disc. She says she sounds like "The Beatles fronted by the Andrews Sisters" and if that isn't worth checking out, then I don't know what is. I'm just glad that I came across her name and tunes.

But wait. She's so kick ass that she wants to make a new album, but wants the freedom of being able to be herself on the record. So instead of having a label, she wants her fans to support her. She's on kickstarter, a way for good people to do something good. Check out her video on kickstarter, which is informational and quite amusing. It might make you fall in love with her even more...worked for me! You can find out more on her website as well.

And I'll just say "you're welcome" now ;)

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)