Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Big Movies and an even BIGGER time gap

I forgot for a moment...or a few years, that I had a blog!

I'd fill you in on what happened while I was away from here, but it's too depressing and long and probably rather boring. I can tell you though that I am excited about a couple films coming out in the near future. Big names are coming out with big movies and that makes me one happy girl. Tim Burton, Sam Mendes, Mike Judge, Q.T., Robert Rodriguez!!!! While I'm off dreaming, check out the movies for yourself.

Alice in Wonderland directed by Tim Burton. This is one film that I've been highly anticipating. I'm curious to see Hathoway in a Burton film, but then again...as much as it's a Burton film, it's a Disney film. The costumes, make up, special effects all look amazing, but I'm a little concerned for the overly cartoony chesire cat. I'm hoping it's better than Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...it's gotta be, right?

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus from mastermind Terry Gilliam. Heath Ledger's last film. Ledger passed away about 1/3 into filming leading into Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law to step up and take control of his character in three different perspectives. Sounds interesting. Looks fucking awesome. This is going to be insane.

Sherlock Holmes directed by Guy Ritchie. Sherlock Holmes looks a bit hokey, but I love me some Robert Downey, Jr and although the movie may be cheesy...it looks fun.

Away We Go directed by Sam Mendes. Seems like an odd film for Mendes, but I'm still drawn to it. Kind of like a romantic comedy...Juno style but with more adult overtones.

Halloween II written and directed by Rob Zombie. As soon as I was losing interest in the horror genre because of all the shit thats been coming out of Hollywood, Rob Zombie came along and swept me off my feet. He's earned a spot in my top directors. John Carpenter's Halloween is my all time favorite horror film. I thought Zombie did a solid job at remaking a classic and I'm stoked to see how this one came out.

9 from new director Shane Acker. Produced by Tim Burton and there's no question why. This animated film has that dark, creepy...yet comforting Burton feeling to it. Not to mention a star studded cast! Storyline seems interesting and the graphics look amazing.

Machete from mastermind Robert Rodriguez. From what started out as a mock trailer for Planet Terror, Rodriquez decided to make it the real deal. He has such a dark, gritty and creative mind...what's not to love? There are two words used in the film description that made me go goo-goo-ga-ga: SAVAGE and SLAUGHTER. ;)

Inglourious Basterds from Tarantino. Oh my, my, my. Quentin has done it again. The reviews for this movie are outstanding! I'm hoping to see this within the next week or so.

Extract written and directed by Mike Judge. Yes, Mr. Beavis and Butthead, Mike freaking Judge! Extract seems to be more like Office Space than Beavis and Butthead though. Looks hilarious and has a fun cast.

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)