Saturday, March 5, 2011

Case "Work Rant" Closed

The other morning family 2 told me that I have to immediately stop watching family 1 and since they can't give me the raise I want I've decided that I'm going to quit. I'll still work for family 1 part time and I plan on starting my own business (more on that soon!). I'll work for Family 2 until the end of the month, hopefully, and family 1 is just going to have to wait a few, rough weeks but they are completely supportive and excited. They offered me a generous around for only a few hours a week and even offered to let me borrow money if I hit a rough patch during the transition. I forgot what it feels like to be appreciated. It all makes sense now. It's not about the money, it's about doing the right thing for everyone involved. I'm looking forward to the future and all the happiness that follows...well maybe starting in April. ;)


I have to say that if it wasn't for the support and advice I got from everyone, whether it was a tweet, a comment on my blog, an email or a text, I wouldn't have made this decision. I was overwhelmed by all the responses and I am extremely thankful for every single one of you. THANK YOU! I love you. And speaking of love, I'm positive I wouldn't be making it through this if it wasn't for my boyfriend. He has had to listen to every single complaint (often more than once) and some how he still held me every day (often more than once) and told me that everything would be ok. I feel like myself again now. He comforted me every night and every morning. And sent me messages throughout the day with words of encouragement, laughter and love. He is my motivation. My boyfriend truly is my hero. 

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)