Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baking, Sewing, Love and Pizza

We were extra domesticated this weekend. The family I work for is having a baby tomorrow and I wanted to make something for the baby, plus something for the big sister. I looked around for easy newborn ideas and decided to make a few sets of burp clothes for the new little guy.  Oh and of course, a princess dress for his sister.



In between projects we ordered a no cheese pizza from Papa John’s after finding out their dough and sauce is vegan. They were having a sale for a large pizza with up to seven toppings for ten dollars so we ordered mushrooms, black olives, green peppers, pineapple and onion. The boy sprinkled some mozzarella Daiya on his slices and we both added the “parm” cheese I made last week. We usually buy the frozen Amy’s no cheese pizza but having Papa John’s was a nice change and not to mention…delicious.


I attempted making a three grain bread recipe from Vegan on the Cheap this morning and just enjoyed a slice with a generous slab of earth balance butter. It turned out awesome! We plan on using it for sandwiches and for dipping in sauce and soup. The prep was easy enough to do once a week but I’d love a bread machine to cut the work in half!

While I was finishing sewing my boyfriend started making these amazing oatmeal, chocolate peanut butter cookies, also from the vegan cookbook, that turned out to be a hit! I think I’ll keep him.

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)