Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Am I Coming In Clear?

I've been absent a lot from the internet. No, I'm not fasting on purpose, I've just been busy.

Work has been a real time suck lately. I won't bore you with the explanation why my job is stressful because let's face it...you care no more than this lady. My work load is getting heavier as the weeks pass and it's not going to stop for at least another three months. I told @94FTG that I wanted to go on a three month vacation and apparently he didn't take me seriously because there's been no talk of planning a trip.

I've been focusing most of my free time with the sewing machine I got for Christmas from the boy. Mainly practicing by making easy, yet practical, items. So far I've proven that I can make bags, pillows, pillow cases, door draft stoppers, plastic bag holders, doll clothes and mend tears on clothes from 1997 that I still insist on wearing. THERE'S NO END TO THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

I'm also looking for some new vegan recipes to try. We had a field roast (the celebration roast) with mashed potatoes, corn and carrots for dinner tonight. We tend to eat a lot of veggie dogs and fries, vegetable stir fry with tofu, pasta with grilled veggies in lemon olive oil topped with garlic and Italian herbs, and Amy's frozen no cheese pizza. Every once in a while we make Mexican rice bowls or chili over cous-cous. Suggestions, recommendations and recipes welcomed!

4 comments:

Three Cats and a Baby said...

I wish I knew how to sew. Thinking of all the possibilities...

creepygroovy said...

Any requests? I need all the practice I can get :)

Three Cats and a Baby said...

You should start an etsy shop.Let me know if you do and I will do a post on my blog about it.

creepygroovy said...

That's the plan. Thank you!!! :)

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)