Monday, September 6, 2010

Cars, Trains and Things Found Along The Way

I just developed a roll of film from this past July. The girl at the drugstore was very friendly and helpful when I warned her that I had been having trouble with the film door on my camera. I left feeling confident and anxious to see what was on that roll of film. Most of all, I hoped it wasn’t all exposed. The photo tech chatted about holidays with me for a while and then told me to come back in about half an hour.


When I walked into the store just a little over thirty minutes later there was no one at the photo counter. I waited while looking in the corners of my eyes for my friendly photo tech to hand me my pictures with a smile on her face…I waited and waited. I finally spotted her down an aisle changing sale signs on items. I stood in her view to give her the old “I’m waiting, but I’m patient” message. I still waited. I started shuffling around to make some movement and noise until I heard her walking towards me. She was walking fast and seemed upset to see me. I frowned. Did I do something wrong? Did my pictures not come out? I was so nervous you would have thought I was there to ID a body.

“So…how’d they come out?” I asked the girl while biting my lower lip.

“Eh…”

“Oh no, were they exposed?”

“Some of them, not too bad…here, you can look through them if you want,” she said while throwing the pictures down on the counter at me.

Then I realized why her attitude changed towards me in just half an hour. The roll of film was filled with pictures of underage drinking, some offensive things and children. This girl definitely no longer wanted to associate with me. I could have explained that I had a flat tire in the middle of nowhere with some railroad tracks splitting down the middle and taking pictures passed the time, but if I did that I wouldn’t have a story to share these pictures with you.
I don't know how to change a tire. This is not me.





The scenery is beautiful at 1460 feet above sea level.

A stroll down some tracks seems like a good idea.

You wanna go faster than a snail's pace while crossing any tracks.
Uhhhh...time to turn around!
WHAT THE FUCK?!
West is best.

The flat tire journey was short, but well lived. I’m going to have to take the next roll someplace else…who knows what’s on the rest! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)