Friday, June 24, 2011

Working Girl: Hell, I'll Do Anything For Money At This Point

Gasp! Is it really the end of June?! Somehow I went all spring working just part time and it was pretty awesome (except for my thin, empty wallet). But I got a two more jobs in June so hopefully that wallet with plump up. I'm working for a catering business per diem to help with service and events. I've never done this kind of work before and since I kick it to work in a pair of bobos, my knees and feet take close to three days to stop throbbing. Make sure to tip your waitress. The other job I got is part time working for a data company that specializes in retail stores. What's cool about this job is that it offers benefits (minimal, but better than what I have now, which is nothing) and I get to make my own hours while working with a deadline which means I can still watch the boys part time! All of this couldn't come at a better time because we are moving into my mom's house next week and taking over her mortgage for her in the middle of July. Yes, this means we have to live with my mother for a few weeks. I mentioned something about the possibility of just being homeless for a few weeks (it is summer anyways) but apparently that wasn't taken as seriously as I'd hoped.

Busy. It's the word that could sum up all of our lives, but right now it's crowding mine. Packing, cleaning, moving, working, training, sewing, baking...and painting starts today. So I'll be busy over the next few weeks, don't think I'm ignoring you. In fact, I've already wasted too much time writing this...

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)