Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lost Season 6: Fuck Balance

I really hope next weeks episode of Lost will lay off the destiny theme and move on, we get it. I'm just going to get right into it and throw my questions and comments out there...

First of all, when is it? What year are we in? I've been trying to figure it and I'm just confused.

Richard was kept in a Russo-like trap. I was waiting for Claire to come out! So again, WHERE THE FUCK IS CLAIRE?

Um...the creepy kid. Has to be Jacob, but why is he a kid? Is that a clue for what year we are in? Or can Sawyer just see him because he is a candidate? (It reminds me of what Shannon was seeing Walt, is there any connection?)

Who is this Ilana chick? I want more from her background. How does she know so much about the island and those on it? She said that "Locke" was "recruiting", what exactly is he recruiting for? There are two stories going on here. Richard tells Sawyer that the man inside Locke's body wants to kill everyone on the island and the man inside Locke tells Sawyer a sob story about being stuck in Locke's body and wants to go home...and bring Sawyer home too. He also tells him that Sawyer's "so close"...close to what? Ilana also says that he is stuck in Locke's body, so I guess that part is true. Is the only way for him to go home is to kill people? Like a sacrifice? By the end of the episode we find out more meaning to the word "candidate", there are obviously a few candidates, so do they all get to survive? Or does only one candidate get to live, something like he needs one person to stay on the island? There has been no doubt some talk about balance on the island. But then he told Sawyer that the island didn't need protecting and that they should both go home. And he did take one of the stones of the scale and throw it into the ocean...

Locke has bad luck in the alt world at home. His lift on his van broke, he fell out of his chair, the sprinkler system went off when he fell and he got fired. Of course when we think of bad luck Hurley pops in the mind and then there he was, Hugo Reyes, to save John Locke. Quite the role reversal, but I guess that only makes sense in a bizarro world. So Hurley tells Locke that he will get him a new job and that everything will work out...BORING! I waited to see who was going to be working at the temp agency that Hugo sent Locke to and sure enough Rose entered...still with cancer. I found that interesting and somewhat mean and comforting all at once. Rose is the same on or off the island. Could it be wisdom? She found life's meaning early on? Is the cancer her constant?

More on Locke...
There was a quick mention of his father. In this alternative world he has a good relationship with his father. I'm confused. How much of the past is different for these doppelgangers?

I kept waiting for Walt to appear since the episode was so Locke heavy. At first I thought he was the delivery guy at the door returning Locke's lost luggage and then I thought he was the kid Locke grabbed at the school. Where are you Walt? Tell us what you know!!!

Speaking of school, I found it funny that Ben teaches history at the school and that Locke was a substitute. How appropriate! I didn't know that the episode was titled "Substitute" until after, so I got excited when I made the connection between Locke being nothing but a substitute (or "candidate")...and then I saw the episode title and my spirits were broken.

But now onto the most important story of last night's episode! The names! Oh, the names! And the numbers! THE MOTHER FUCKING NUMBERS! Ok, so we have 23-Shepard, 8-Reyes, 16-Jarrah, 42-Kwan (Kim or Jin? I'm thinking Jin because she was on the flight back to the island), 4-Locke, 15-Ford. Are the numbers Jacobs preference for the candidate position? They can't be the order in which he met them because he met Sawyer as a child. So what do the numbers fucking mean??? TEASE!!! Oh I can't wait to find out more about these candidates etched into the walls! There were so many names! How creepy!

And finally, who is inside Locke? I mean, seriously. Who is that man? Where did he come from? When did he come from? How did he get stuck? Can he be trusted?

I want, nay, NEED answers.

No comments:

Feeling Ambitious? Read These Too! (sorry for all the LOST posts)